From: Mica on
Hi Barb,

So far I only have the code to return the active cell value to A1 and the
active row # to A2:

Range("A1") = Target.Value
Range("A2") = Target.Row
End Sub

When I select from the drop-down list, it doesn't populate A1 immediately.
A1 remains blank until I leave the active cell and come back to it, then it
works.

Thanks for any suggestions.

- Mica

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

> What do you have in your worksheet_Change event at this point? Anything?
> --
> HTH,
>
> Barb Reinhardt
>

> "Mica" wrote:
>
> > Version: Excel 2003
> >
> > I have a worksheet that is referencing the value of the active cell. The
> > point is to provide users with dynamic details of the project they currently
> > have selected (active cell). I have the following worksheet code to return
> > the value of the active cell to A1 and the row# of the active cell to A2.
> > Lookup formulas search a database for detail matches on the value of the
> > active cell.
> >
> > Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
> > Range("A1") = Target.Value
> > Range("A2") = Target.Row
> > End Sub
> >
> > The range A20:A500 has data validation to allow a list located in another
> > worksheet. The code to return the row of the active cell works fine, but the
> > value of the active cell is not returned to A1 when I select from the
> > drop-down menu. It is only returned once I leave that active cell and come
> > back to it. In other words, it is not dynamically returning the value of the
> > active cell when the value of the active cell changes from blank to a
> > selection from the drop-down list. It is only dynamic when toggling the
> > active cell between non-blank cells.
> >
> > Ideally, I would like the code to return the value of the active cell to A1
> > as soon as the drop-down selection is made, before leaving the active cell.
> > I'm not sure if this is considered an event.
> >
> > The worksheet event is Selection_Change. Is returning an offset value of
> > the row # an option?
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Mica

Pages: 1