From: --CELKO-- on

I have been informed that Chris Date will be running a two-day seminar
in Scotland in May entitled "SQL and Relational Theory--How to Write
Accurate SQL Code--and know it!". See http://www.justsql.co.uk/chris_date/cjd_edin_may_2010.htm
for more information.
From: Tony Rogerson on
The book is extremely good - there is some really good information on
"surrogate keys" as well - you SHOULD read it and probably attend the
seminar to over come a number of theory errors you keep making.

Surrogate keys, SQL and Relational Theory, C J Date:

Page 383...

surrogates are not the same as tuple-ids
tuple-ids are concealed from the user, surrogate keys MUST NOT because of
the Information Principal
Are surrogates a good idea? ... relational model has nothing to say on
this.... it has more to do with how to apply the relational model

--ROGGIE--