From: Mok-Kong Shen on

There were in the past some posts in the group relating to Wolfram's
work on non-linear dynamics, e.g. the thread '"Rule 30" PRNG' of r.e.s.
of Jun 2002. I learned that the stuff experimentally obtained by
Wolfram and given in his book has been mathematically systematically
treated in L. O. Chua's (multi-volume) book: A non-linear dynamics
perspective of Wolfram's new kind of science. (I haven't yet succeeded
to look into this book, because it's not available in our libraries.
It would be very fine, if someone could give a short review of it.)

M. K. Shen

For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have
abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even
that which he hath.

St. Matthew, 25/29
From: Rade on
On Jul 24, 12:12 am, Mok-Kong Shen <mok-kong.s...(a)t-online.de> wrote:
> There were in the past some posts in the group relating to Wolfram's
> work on non-linear dynamics, e.g. the thread '"Rule 30" PRNG' of r.e.s.
> of Jun 2002. I learned that the stuff experimentally obtained by
> Wolfram and given in his book has been mathematically systematically
> treated in L. O. Chua's (multi-volume) book: A non-linear dynamics
> perspective of Wolfram's new kind of science. (I haven't yet succeeded
> to look into this book, because it's not available in our libraries.
> It would be very fine, if someone could give a short review of it.)
>
> M. K. Shen
>
>           For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have
>           abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even
>           that which he hath.
>
>                                           St. Matthew, 25/29

While you wait for a review of L. O. Chua's book you may look at
http://arxiv.org/abs/1007.4660 for some rule 30 analysis.

Rade