From: Mayayana on

| Anyone got any ideas?

I don't know whether this helps, but I usually
end up making it visible when I'm going to use
it extensively. During runtime it can't be cleared.
(That's always driven me crazy.) So the only
option is to keep it always visible and remember
to erase it with a mouse lasso / cut before the
next run.

That method works OK, but I would enjoy having
a button on the toolbar that can clear the window
at any time.

From: mp on

"Mayayana" <mayayana(a)invalid.nospam> wrote in message

> | Anyone got any ideas?
> |
> I don't know whether this helps, but I usually
> end up making it visible when I'm going to use
> it extensively. During runtime it can't be cleared.
> (That's always driven me crazy.) So the only
> option is to keep it always visible and remember
> to erase it with a mouse lasso / cut before the
> next run.
>
> That method works OK, but I would enjoy having
> a button on the toolbar that can clear the window
> at any time.

MZTOOLS
doubt if that works at runtime tho, never tried

From: Jeff Johnson on
"Steve" <sredmyer(a)sndirect.com> wrote in message

> It seems the debug window has different behavior when the IDE is MDI mode
> vs SDI.

SDI mode? SDI MODE??? BARRFFFF!!!

(Let the holy wars begin!!)

From: Dee Earley on
On 17/06/2010 16:44, Jeff Johnson wrote:
> "Steve"<sredmyer(a)sndirect.com> wrote in message
>
>> It seems the debug window has different behavior when the IDE is MDI mode
>> vs SDI.
>
> SDI mode? SDI MODE??? BARRFFFF!!!
>
> (Let the holy wars begin!!)

I didn't realise there was such a controversy over this.
SDI is a necessity for me as I use multiple monitors :)

(I do get pissed off with apps like WinDebug which has an abomination of
a window handler and "MDI emulation"

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems

Please reply to the group.)
From: Norm Cook on
"DevNews" <sredmyer(a)sndirect.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to create a function to clear the immediate window from my
>running code. I figured I would simply get the hWnd of the window and send
>the appropriate keystrokes. Well it seems it aint that simple.
>
> I am able to get the handle to the window and send the appropriate
> messages (keystrokes) to the window. The problem is that this window does
> not allow edits while the IDE is in run mode. My thinking on how this is
> done is that the window's message handler just ignores keystroke messages,
> which would alter the contents of the window, while the IDE is in run.
>
> My first thought as to how to get around this was to sub-class the
> immediate window and simply discard all messages during the time I am
> clearing the window. Sounds like a simple enough solution, but I can't
> think of any way to clear the window that does not result in a message
> being sent.
>
> Anyone got any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Steve