From: Dazed&Confused on
Hi,

I'm pretty sure this isn't possible but.....
I've been asked if it's possible to click (or double click) on a slice of a
pie chart and jump to the data it represents (the same as you can in a pivot
table).

Many thanks

Paul
From: ker_01 on
I can't speak for 2007, but I recall a few years ago I was looking at making
a pie chart clickable to "drill down" in 2003, updating the pie chart to show
the component measures of the wedge that was clicked on. It appeared to be
possible using VBA, but then the project was terminated before it really
started. I can't find a reference for pie charts, but take a look at the
solutions provided here

http://www.excelforum.com/excel-charting/370807-make-bars-on-a-bar-chart-clickable.html

and look under dynamic charts (along with plenty of other useful links) and
VBA charting techniques at
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartIndex.html

The basic premise is figuring out what was clicked on (under the VBA
charting techniques in the second link), and then just grab the source range
and activate it.

HTH,
Keith