From: Carlos Mennens on
I have a /etc/postfix/client_access file which holds IP's are known
clients that refuse to stop sending my junk. I submit the IP in the
file as follows:

68.69.110.81 REJECT executiveonlinelearning.com

My question is as the list grows in length, is it correct to be able
to identify the domain / sender as I did above after 'REJECT' as a
kind of tag or note for myself? This way I can better search though
logs if I need to review something.

Or can I only add it as:

68.69.110.81 REJECT

Thanks for any help!

-Carlos

From: Ralf Hildebrandt on
* Carlos Mennens <carloswill(a)gmail.com>:

> I have a /etc/postfix/client_access file which holds IP's are known
> clients that refuse to stop sending my junk. I submit the IP in the
> file as follows:
>
> 68.69.110.81 REJECT executiveonlinelearning.com
>
> My question is as the list grows in length, is it correct to be able
> to identify the domain / sender as I did above after 'REJECT' as a
> kind of tag or note for myself?

Yes.

> This way I can better search though logs if I need to review something.
>
> Or can I only add it as:
>
> 68.69.110.81 REJECT

You can also use that form, because the rejection is caused by an IP
anyway - so all you need is grep for the IP in your
/etc/postfix/client_access file

--
Ralf Hildebrandt
Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin