From: Sowmya on
Hi,

I m also getting the same error when trying to get the response from a Webservice. Did you find any solution for this. Please reply if you have found out any solution

robert112 wrote:

Web Service returning wrong content type of text/plain
27-May-08

Hi All,
I have a .net WSE 3.0 Web Service acting as a client calling a j2EE
web Service. The service works when I call it using a client program
called soapUI (which is free to download) but when using the .net
client it bombs out with:

System.InvalidOperationException: Client found response content type
of 'text/plain', but expected 'text/xml'.
The request failed with the error message:
--
HTTP/1.1 100 Continue

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/
soap/envelope/"><soapenv:Body><mem:GetMemberResponse
REST OF SOAP MESSAGE HERE--.
at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage
message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean
asyncCall)
at
methodName, Object[] parameters)
at MemberServiceWse.getMember(GetMemberRequestMember[]
GetMemberRequest) in \Reference.cs:line 80
at
I have had to strip out a lot from the error message to retain
confidentiality but basically the whole and correct soap message
returns in this exception but it just complains that the encoding is
wrong. SoapUI claims the encoding is of type text/xml but .net says
its text/plain
I have created a soap Extension and put a break point on the
ProcessMessage method and when the ProcessMessage's "Stage" is in
Before DeSerialize I can see that the content type is infact text/
plain.

I have googled this for 3 days now with no luck. Any ideas?

On Tuesday, May 27, 2008 9:55 PM
robert112 wrote:

[...]

Database Normalization For Developers
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/0107750d-ed18-46b7-a695-1283294e3e1c/database-normalization-fo.aspx