From: bacle on
n the entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clifford_algebra

the Clifford algebra is defined as the algebra freely generated by an inner-product space;

in this case ,the Clifford n-algebra it is the algebra freely-generated by R^n with its standard

inner product:

I understand how, e.g., a set S freely-generates a vector space over R ( functions of finite-

support, etc.). But I don't see how an inner-product space
generates an algebra; clearly, the underlying vector space
is passed-on from the inner-prod. space to the algebra,
but the rest does not seem clear.

I assume the inner-product, subject to some relations,

is used to define multiplication, but I don't see clearly how this is done/defined..

Could anyone expliain or refer me to a source describing this process
of an inner-product space generating an algebra more formally.?

Thanks.