From: Clinton Fitch on
After countless hours of work, some of which you have seen already, the new
5.0 version of ClintonFitch.com is officially launched!

The new site is the culmination of feedback from fellow bloggers, readers
and research and brings you what I hope to be the best experience on the
site yet. ClintonFitch.com has attracted nearly 24 million visitors since
its opening in August 2004 and each time I do a site upgrade or design
change I keep you, the readers in mind. It is my hope that you will find
the new site easier to navigate, easier to read and generally more
attractive to view.

The list of changes that have been made to ClintonFitch.com are really too
numerous to layout but I want to touch on the highlights that really impact
you, the readership.

The layout is much cleaner and easier to read on the Home Page. Now you get
the first couple of paragraphs of an article at most with the ability to
click and read further if you choose to do so. Links are easily
identifiable in each article.

Every article now allows you to share it via your Twitter or Facebook
account. This was the number one requested change of the site and I'm glad
to have it as an option.

Advertisements are clearly identified and in the same location in each
article and in the sidebars. Like them or hate them, advertising pays the
bills at ClintonFitch.com and your clicks on ads and purchases at the
affiliate stores are greatly appreciated. But I want you to know you are
clicking on an ad or affiliate store so I have clearly labeled them as such
with the only exception being the easily identifiable Google advert at the
end of each article.

The site has been completely optimized for Bing and Google searches making
it far easier to find articles using your favorite search engine.

The new search function located at the top right of each page allows you to
easily search ClintonFitch.com

New RSS subscriptions for posts, comments and daily email updates are
available via the links at the top right of each page

Completely new color scheme which is easier to read both on big and small
displays

New mobile version of the site optimized for today's advanced devices. The
mobile site autodetects if you are on a mobile device so no need to keep up
with a different URL. Just go to http://blog.clintonfitch.comstraight from
your mobile browser. It has been tested on Windows Phone, iPhone, Android
and WebOS.

Ability to leave comments on each article, the 2nd most requested feature
change

Links to fellow mobile community sites in the left sidebar on each page of
ClintonFitch.com

Twitter feed updates from what I am Tweeting on at any time (you can follow
me at http://www.twitter.com/clintonfitch)

Updated About and Advertising pages

As you can see, the list is extensive but that does not mean it is perfect.
Your feedback is critical. If you like a feature, let me know. If you hate
a feature, let me know! My goal here is to keep you coming back and making
the experience better is my goal.

A huge thank you goes out to Judie Lipsett over at Gear Diary. I consider
Judie my closest friend amongst many colleagues in the mobile blogging
community and her input and testing of components of the site have been a
huge help.

While the visual and functional side of ClintonFitch.com has change, the
content hasn't and won't. My main focus has been and will continue to be to
provide software and hardware reviews of Windows Phone, iPhone and Android
base mobile devices as well as Windows-based PCs.

Finally, thank you for your readership. ClintonFitch.com started as a small
project that has turned into a great fun and passion.

Welcome! Come in and stay a while!

--
Clinton Fitch
Microsoft MVP - Mobile