From: Joy on
I had an icon for the Clipboard on my desktop before my computer crashed
recently. I don't remember where I found the icon to put it there.
Anyone?

From: Alan Edwards on
You probably made a shortcut to C:\Windows\System32\Clipbrd.exe

....Alan
http://dts-l.com/index.htm

On Sun, 30 May 2010 17:02:20 -0400, in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers, "Joy"

From: Justin Thyme on

"Joy" <nospamjoymp2(a)bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>I had an icon for the Clipboard on my desktop before my computer crashed
>recently. I don't remember where I found the icon to put it there.
>Anyone?

On my computer the clipboard is found at Windows/system32/clipbrd.exe

Ken Bland

From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Sun, 30 May 2010 16:21:08 -0600, "Justin Thyme"
<Ken_Bland(a)EarthLink.com> wrote:

> "Joy" <nospamjoymp2(a)bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> >I had an icon for the Clipboard on my desktop before my computer crashed
> >recently. I don't remember where I found the icon to put it there.
> >Anyone?
> >

> On my computer the clipboard is found at Windows/system32/clipbrd.exe

A clarification here: clipbrd.exe is *not* the clipboard. It's the
clipboard *viewer*. The clipboard itself--the place where what has
been clipped is stored--is in RAM.

Whether someone wants to use the clipboard viewer is of course up to
him, but personally I see no use for the clipboard viewer and never
run it. If I cut or copy something to the clipboard, to see it I paste
it where I want it. If it should turn out not to be what I want, I
simply delete it.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
From: Joy on
Thanks, everyone; yes it's the "viewer' that I want, not the Clipboard
itself. And, although I only used it rarely, nevertheless there were times
I did use it.