From: JLGWhiz on
Hi Peter, In the version of xl03 that I am running, the msgbox goes away,
whether or not ScreenUpdating is enabled. Is it different in xl07 + ?

From: Peter T on
Try this

Sub abc()
' run with alt-F8
Dim a

'Application.ScreenUpdating = False

MsgBox ("Move me away from the centre of the screen")

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For i = 1 To 100
a = 1
Next i
MsgBox ("done")
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Regards,
Peter T

"JLGWhiz" <JLGWhiz(a)cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
> Hi Peter, In the version of xl03 that I am running, the msgbox goes
> away, whether or not ScreenUpdating is enabled. Is it different in xl07 +
> ?
>

> "Peter T" <peter_t(a)discussions> wrote in message
>> What you describe cannot and occur. I very much doubt you actually tested
>> the code you posted as an example, at least not exactly as written and
>> with nothing else.
>>
>> My guess is you are showing the msgbox with screenupdating disabled. The
>> msgbox will stay on the screen indefinitely until the screen is refreshed
>> (even DoEvents) or by re-enabling screenupdating.
>>
>> Be sure to temporarily disable screenupdating if/as necessary when
>> showing a msgbox.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Peter T
>>
>> The only thing that
>> "John Keith" <kd0gd(a)juno.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> No

>>> Excel 2007/WinXP
>>>
>>> The message box window stays open until the next msgbox command is
>>> executed.
>>>
>>> I also just tried the following
>>>
>>> msgbox("Test")
>>> for i =1 to 100000000

From: Peter T on
Forgot to mention I get same results in 2003 & 2007

Peter T

From: JLGWhiz on
Nope, As soon as I click the button, the shape dialog box disappears. I
cannot get it to remain on screen after the button is clicked and cannot get
any further code to process without clicking the button. I believe that is
the designed performance.

From: Peter T on
Indeed it is normal behaviour for the code to be suspended until the msgbox
is dismissed. But are you saying with screenupdating disabled the "image" of
the msgbox completely disappears from the screen after clicking OK.