From: Mathias Gaunard on
On 4 mai, 08:59, Andre Kaufmann <akfmn...(a)t-online.de> wrote:
> Mathias Gaunard wrote:
> > On 1 mai, 21:24, Andre Kaufmann <akfmn...(a)t-online.de> wrote:
>
> >> You indirectly agree to my argument, that there aren't 100% exception safe C++ applications, by agreeing that there are many
>
> >> dos and dont's
>
> >> to get exception safe code.
>
> > No, I do not agree.
> > The fact you need to code in a specific way does not allow to conclude that there is no "100% exception safe C++ application".
>
> Well, it's your opinion.

It's not a matter of opinion, it's more a matter of logic.
There is nothing that prevents a C++ application from being "100%
exception-safe".

> It's my opinion that RAII helps to write exception safe code, but neither makes it trivial nor 100% perfect.
> There are many other pitfalls, code I have to use which I haven't written by myself or new technologies like parallel loops which make it hard to write exception safe code.

Irrelevant to the point you introduced.
This is just to set things straight: I'm pretty sure there is nothing
more to discuss on the topic, at least for me.

From: Andre Kaufmann on
Mathias Gaunard wrote:
> On 4 mai, 08:59, Andre Kaufmann <akfmn...(a)t-online.de> wrote:
> [...]
> It's not a matter of opinion, it's more a matter of logic.

> There is nothing that prevents a C++ application from being "100%
> exception-safe".

I fully agree, but that wasn't my point.

My statement was:

a) I don't think there are (larger) C++ applications, which are under
all conditions 100% exception safe

Your argument is the same as:

"There is nothing that prevents a C++ application from being 100%
buffer overflow safe and have other security issues".

Sure, but still there are many applications with such security issues.

End of discussion, too.

Andre