From: Dmitry A. Soshnikov on
On Jan 9, 2:18 am, Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> // Trim the strings in the data.
>    var startTime = +new Date;
>    for(i = 0; i < LEN; i++) {
>      data[i] = data[i][trimName]();
>    }
>    var totalTime = new Date-startTime; // end time.
>
>   // Get the next test in trimNames.
>    var next = trimNames.pop();
>    console.log(trimName + ": " + totalTime);
>    if(next)
>      setTimeout("testTrim('" + next + "')", 500);
>
> };
>
> void setTimeout("testTrim('" + trimNames.pop()+ "')", 500);
>
> Results in Firefox 3.5:
>
> dcTrim: 7027
> trim: 2307
>
> The native the user-defined "dcTrim" performed three times slower.
> Since you won't normally trim that many strings, you won't be saving 5
> seconds. That is why I fairly called it a "minor performance penalty".
>
> I think it's clear now that your name calling (troll) is either very
> short-sighted or is a desperate attempt to win the argument (so much for
> the "truth").
>
> >> Why would you want to use a hand-rolled version that doesn't behave as
> >> standard?
>
> > I don't understand again - is it trolling or is it kind of
> > "privileged" humor? Did I understand correctly that you switch my (b)
> > and (a)? For what? If I've told - first (a), then (b).
>
> I've asked for your motivation of why you prefer using a hand-rolled
> trim over the native. Trying to get you to write code is like pulling teeth.
>
> > [snip useless talk]

> >> You. Crockford. Probably others.
>
> > Excuse me?
>
> > [snip useless talk]
>
> You've shown 0 good examples of your ideology put to practice (no code).
>
> I've shown problems with programs that modifying objects they don't own.
>
> Your arrogance isn't justified any more than that of "The world's
> foremost authority on javascript" (that is what he calls himself, you know).
>
> >> Why do yo want to replace built-in function with your own?
>
> > I can't believe this (that's already not even funny ;), so no points
> > for you). It's already trolling but not demagogy. Again (please pay
> > maximum attention now and include your brain) - first (a), then (b),
> > but not the vice versa, ok? Good.
>
> I am not trolling but trying to explain things to an arrogant man who
> just wants to name-call and won't show any code or any good examples of
> API design, yet continues to lecture ideology.
>
> > [snip useless talk]
>
> I'll tell you what is useless: Your ideology. Good for nothing.
>
> >> This is seeming like a more and more of a waste of time.
>
> > Yes, by the truth I've already mentioned that and wanted to conclude
> > this talk.
>
> >> You've got 0 rational argument
>
> > Ok, take a cookie (or cracker), you have deserved it. And yeah, learn
> > ECMAScript and its ideology
>
> Your idealistic philosophies and ideology, coupled with your arrogance
> are getting in the way of rational decision making.

No-no-no, don't ask anymore crackers, that was the last one I gave to
you, I've told the talk is over.

You include already lie and slander stupidly repeating and bending
your own line, although I told, that first (a), then (b), but not vice
versa, so don't ask, I haven't any food for you, troll.

/ds
From: Dmitry A. Soshnikov on
On Jan 9, 2:30 am, Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> that is too much to expect from
> one who writes fake code using Microsoft Word and publishes that on the
> NG as arguments via Google Groups.

Demagogy. False. Weak trolling.

No-no, don't ask, your food is over.

/ds
From: Jorge on
On Jan 9, 12:18 am, Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> (...)
>
> The user-defined "dcTrim" performed three times slower.
> (...)

That's something Dmitry already knows. Probably you're the only one
among the regulars that feels the need to write such benchmark that,
besides, has nothing to do with what he was saying.
--
Jorge.
From: Garrett Smith on
Dmitry A. Soshnikov wrote:
> On Jan 9, 2:18 am, Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dmitry A. Soshnikov wrote:
>>> On Jan 8, 1:34 am, Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>> [snip useless (talk === demagogy)]

[snip]

Don't quote the entire message. Don't quote signatures.

> No-no-no, don't ask anymore crackers, that was the last one I gave to
> you, I've told the talk is over.

I have no idea what "asking crackers" means to you.

> You include already lie and slander stupidly repeating and bending
> your own line, although I told, that first (a), then (b), but not vice
> versa, so don't ask, I haven't any food for you, troll.

No lies, no slander, and you've not explained how at all you got to
those conclusions, either.

Ad hominem makes discussion impossible and consequently degrade the
quality of this group. This group is supposed to be focused on technical
discussion. Try to let that concept sink in.
--
Garrett