From: ordnance1 on
I have a Vacation Calendar which I maintain for a workgroup of about 180
people. Only a couple of people have access to the Vacation Calendar
workbook itself. I have created a slave document which has formulas linking
to each cell on the Master Document. This slave is accessible to all
employees, on 3 computers located in the work area. Each time the slave
document is opened the links are updated and the user see's the most up to
date calendar.

My problem is that I have no way to ensure that the slave document is closed
after each user has viewed it, so it could sit open for hours, and the next
user might not be viewing the most up to date calendar.

So what I am hoping is the there might be a way using code, to force the
Updating of the Values every 30 seconds.

The code can be seen below. What I do not know is how to get it to run every
30 seconds.

ActiveWorkbook.UpdateLink Name:= _
"\\Pats-PC\Vacation\Dispatch\Paratransit\Vacation\New
Vacation.xlsm", Type:= _
xlExcelLinks

From: AB on
check out:
Application.OnTime MyTimehere, MySubHere

Can google for Chip Pearsons site - he's got brilliant adivses/samples
on everything including ontime.