From: Kenjman on
Hello,

I would like to use the "Collect and update via email" function within
MS Access which sends out and collects emails with MS InfoPath. I
know how to use this function, but what I would like to do is
something slightly different. Instead of emailing out a "form" that
has the customer and then all information below to be filled out, I
want to send out an Excel/Access table instead. The reason for this
is because each email will contain 50+ subjects to fill out, each with
5+ items to fill out per subject. If I were to use the standard form,
the person receiving the email would have to scroll through a very
large email just to fill everything out. They also wouldn't be able
to just go straight to the subject they are looking for without
looking at the entire email. What I would like to do, is have them
fill out a table or spreadsheet with the information, submit it, and
then have those changes automatically entered into my table.

Thanks in advance.
From: Steve on
I have done something similar to this many times but in a different manner.
I created a mini database that soley is used to collect data. I email this
database out to the customer. Being designed for collecting data, it is easy
for the customer to enter data. When data entry is complete, the customer
emails the database back. I then save the database and through a series of
append queries and code as necessary add the data to my master database.

Steve
santus(a)penn.com