From: Ken on
Excel2003 ...

For Cells to be perfectly square ... What is the Col Width to Row Height
Ratio I would use?

Thanks ... Kha
From: Mike H on
Ken,

It is approximately 5.69/1 But that means doing it manually. I believe a
macro is a better solution.

Paste this macro in a module select your range and run it for square cells

Sub SqCells()
Inches = Val(InputBox("Height - width in inches?"))
If Inches > 0 And Inches < 2.5 Then
For Each c In Selection
myval = c.Width / c.ColumnWidth
c.ColumnWidth = ((Inches * 72) / myval)
Next c
For Each R In Selection
R.RowHeight = (Inches * 72)
Next R
End If
End Sub
--
Mike

question.

From: Ken on
Mike ... (Hi)

Perfect ... Exactly, what I needed ...

Thank you for supporting these boards ... Kha

From: Gord Dibben on
Row heights are measured in points or pixels. There are 72 points to an
inch and "maybe" 96 pixels to the inch.

The number that appears in the Standard column width box is the average
number of digits 0-9 of the standard font that fit in a cell.

When dragging the column width you will see two numbers.........one is width
as above, the other is pixels.

For an interesting and enlightening discussion on this subject see

http://snipurl.com/dzz8

If you want to use VBA to set height and width in mm.

Ole Erlandson has code for setting row and column dimensions.

http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/index.php?d=envbawssetrowcol

Gord Dibben Excel MVP