From: Tom Lake on
Does anyone have a COMAL 128 cartridge I could buy or know where I could get one?
If not, is a cartridge image of it available on the Web anywhere?

TIA

Tom Lake
From: Michael on
On Nov 18, 3:23 pm, "Tom Lake" <tl...(a)twcny.rr.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have a COMAL 128 cartridge I could buy or know where I could get one?
> If not, is a cartridge image of it available on the Web anywhere?
>
> TIA
>
> Tom Lake

Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.commodore64.retrocomp.com/directory/Utility/Firmware/various/Comal80/Comal80.crt
http://www.commodore64.retrocomp.com/directory/Utility/Firmware/various/Comal80/Comal80demo.d64
From: Tom Lake on

"Michael" <mistermsk(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Nov 18, 3:23 pm, "Tom Lake" <tl...(a)twcny.rr.com> wrote:
>> Does anyone have a COMAL 128 cartridge I could buy or know where I could
>> get one?
>> If not, is a cartridge image of it available on the Web anywhere?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Tom Lake
>
> Is this what you are looking for?
>
> http://www.commodore64.retrocomp.com/directory/Utility/Firmware/various/Comal80/Comal80.crt
> http://www.commodore64.retrocomp.com/directory/Utility/Firmware/various/Comal80/Comal80demo.d64

Thanks but that's the 64 version. There was a version specific to the 128
that I'm looking for.

Tom L

From: Alan Jones on
On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 15:23:48 -0500, "Tom Lake" <tlake(a)twcny.rr.com>
wrote:

>Does anyone have a COMAL 128 cartridge I could buy or know where I could get one?
>If not, is a cartridge image of it available on the Web anywhere?
>
>TIA
>
>Tom Lake

I'd like one for my collection too!. I'd guess only about half a
dozen were ever imported into the US. The COMAL 128 cartridge was
priced much higher than the more popular cartridge for the 64, and it
was not compatible with packages developed for the 64 cartridge. If
you actually want to run or develop programs on the 128, you will be
very happy using the COMAL 64 cartridge with the C128 package on a
C128 in 128 mode.

Alan

From: Tom Lake on
> If you actually want to run or develop programs on the 128, you will be
> very happy using the COMAL 64 cartridge with the C128 package on a
> C128 in 128 mode.

Huh? If I use the COMAL 64 cartridge, won't the 128 be in 64 mode,
not in 128 mode?

Tom Lake