From: David on
I have a combobox where some of the items are longer than the
listbox part of the combo.

If the item text width selected is <= the combo width the item text
displays correctly.

However if the item text width is > the combo width then the item text
shows as right justified cutting off the left portion of the item text.

Anyway to resolve so you see the left not right side of the item text?

Thanks
David

From: Bob Butler on

"David" <NoWhere(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
>I have a combobox where some of the items are longer than the
> listbox part of the combo.
>
> If the item text width selected is <= the combo width the item text
> displays correctly.
>
> However if the item text width is > the combo width then the item text
> shows as right justified cutting off the left portion of the item text.
>
> Anyway to resolve so you see the left not right side of the item text?

That's not normal for the standard VB combobox control. Is the RightToLeft
property of the control set to True? What version of VB are you using? What
version of Windows? What locale?

From: Helmut Meukel on
"Bob Butler" <noway(a)nospam.ever> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> "David" <NoWhere(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>I have a combobox where some of the items are longer than the
>> listbox part of the combo.
>>
>> If the item text width selected is <= the combo width the item text displays
>> correctly.
>>
>> However if the item text width is > the combo width then the item text
>> shows as right justified cutting off the left portion of the item text.
>>
>> Anyway to resolve so you see the left not right side of the item text?
>
> That's not normal for the standard VB combobox control. Is the RightToLeft
> property of the control set to True? What version of VB are you using? What
> version of Windows? What locale?

Bob,

I just checked it. It's normal for the Standard VB combobox.
If you select an item from the list portion of the combobox,
it shows up highlighted in the text field, and if it's longer than
the text field the left part is hidden, the cursor is on the rightmost
side.
Of course, then setting Combo.SelLength = 0 would do the trick,
but no event of the combo is triggered by the users action :-(

Helmut.

From: David on
Thanks for both responses.

Mr. Meukel:
Thanks for confirmation.
Don't know if any SendMessage Const is available to correct this.
Will check. Will post if I find.

Thanks
David

From: Bob Butler on

"Helmut Meukel" <NoSpam(a)NoProvider.de> wrote in message
> "Bob Butler" <noway(a)nospam.ever> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>
>> "David" <NoWhere(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>>I have a combobox where some of the items are longer than the
>>> listbox part of the combo.
>>>
>>> If the item text width selected is <= the combo width the item text
>>> displays correctly.
>>>
>>> However if the item text width is > the combo width then the item text
>>> shows as right justified cutting off the left portion of the item text.
>>>
>>> Anyway to resolve so you see the left not right side of the item text?
>>
>> That's not normal for the standard VB combobox control. Is the
>> RightToLeft property of the control set to True? What version of VB are
>> you using? What version of Windows? What locale?
>>

> Bob,
>
> I just checked it. It's normal for the Standard VB combobox.
> If you select an item from the list portion of the combobox,
> it shows up highlighted in the text field, and if it's longer than
> the text field the left part is hidden, the cursor is on the rightmost
> side.
> Of course, then setting Combo.SelLength = 0 would do the trick,
> but no event of the combo is triggered by the users action :-(

You're right; I read the entire question as referring to the drop-down list
display and never even looked at what happens in the text area after making
a selection.