From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on
"Joe" <Joe(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello Arvin,
>
> I try that and the client id does not appear on the services form after
> its
> saved. I'm working around it by having the Services form as a subform on
> the
> clients table. I didn't want that because the Services table needs a
> subform
> for ServicesDescriptions.

Hi Joe,

John's solution will work. You can also nest subforms if needed, but at a
performance hit. I have to wonder why, however, that the ClientID doesn't
appear on the services form. You can add it and set the Visible property to
No. If you don't, and don't use it as a link, the form will not fill in the
underlying Services table with the ClientID.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

First  |  Prev  |