From: Command Button Calculations Command Button on
I am trying to insert a command button so that when the user fills out the
form and clicks the button, an amount will calculate. For example, the sales
price is in A1, when the user clicks the command button, the sales price will
be divided by 1000 then divided by 2 and the answer will appear in A5. Can
anyone help????
From: Gord Dibben on
You can do that with a simple formula in A5 and no command button but if you
want a button.

Assign this macro to a button from the Forms Toolbar.

Sub divide()
With ActiveSheet
.Range("A5").Value = Range("A1").Value / 2000
End With
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From: FSt1 on
Sub xlcalcit()
Dim c As Double
c = [A1].Value
c = c / 1000
c = c / 2
[A5].Value = c
End Sub

regards
FSt1

From: Dave Peterson on
Just a minor typing change.

Sub divide()
With ActiveSheet
.Range("A5").Value = .Range("A1").Value / 2000
End With
End Sub

I added the dot in front of the .range("A1")... stuff.

But even without this dot, the code would work fine -- since you're using the
activesheet and the code is in a general module.

But it's never a bad idea to qualify ranges/objects <vbg>.

--

Dave Peterson
From: Gord Dibben on
Thanks Dave.