From: Jim L. on
I'm working on an accident tracking database. Users input accident details
on a form, which automatically assigns a case number based upon date & time.
They also create a folder on the computer to store pictures of the accident
scene, and name the folder with the case number. Is it possible to have a
command button on this form that would create a new folder and name it with
the case number?
Later, when a committee reviews the accidents, an overview is displayed on
another form. Is it possible to place a command button on this form to open
the folder with the same case number to view the pictures?
Any help to simplify the input process would be appreciated.
From: Brendan Reynolds on
"Jim L." <JimL(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm working on an accident tracking database. Users input accident
> details
> on a form, which automatically assigns a case number based upon date &
> time.
> They also create a folder on the computer to store pictures of the
> accident
> scene, and name the folder with the case number. Is it possible to have a
> command button on this form that would create a new folder and name it
> with
> the case number?
> Later, when a committee reviews the accidents, an overview is displayed on
> another form. Is it possible to place a command button on this form to
> open
> the folder with the same case number to view the pictures?
> Any help to simplify the input process would be appreciated.

Take a look at the first two articles in the list at the following URL ...

http://www.mvps.org/access/api/index.html

The first shows how to call the Windows File Open/Save dialog box, the
second shows how to call the Windows Browse for Folder dialog box.

--
Brendan Reynolds

Pages: 1
Prev: Wrong time