From: LeoSnd on
I'm since decades a fan of Visual Basic.

When installing my 'old' VB disk on my new computer with Windows 7 every use
of 'Microsoft Windows Common Controls 5.0' (COMDLG32.OCX) ends up in
'Permission denied'.

How can I come around that?

Leo

From: NeilH on

"LeoSnd" <LeoSnd(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm since decades a fan of Visual Basic.
>
> When installing my 'old' VB disk on my new computer with Windows 7 every
use
> of 'Microsoft Windows Common Controls 5.0' (COMDLG32.OCX) ends up in
> 'Permission denied'.
>
> How can I come around that?
>
> Leo

Give it Permission?

From: Nobody on
"LeoSnd" <LeoSnd(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm since decades a fan of Visual Basic.
>
> When installing my 'old' VB disk on my new computer with Windows 7 every
> use
> of 'Microsoft Windows Common Controls 5.0' (COMDLG32.OCX) ends up in
> 'Permission denied'.
>
> How can I come around that?

The file name for 'Microsoft Windows Common Controls 5.0' is COMCTL32.ocx,
not COMDLG32.OCX. The later is for Microsoft Common Dialog Control.

Where do you get that error? In the IDE? What VB version are you using? Try
running the IDE by right clicking the shortcut and using "Run as
administrator", or change the shortcut properties and clicking on Advanced
button and make it always require to be run as administrator.

From: LeoSnd on

Thanks to 'DickGrier' and 'Nobody' for friendly help.

Leo (Sweden)