From: Jenny W on
Hello,

I have Compal HEL80 Notebook running Windows XP Pro SP2.
There is a peculiar problem with a keyboard. One key: * (Asterisk)
does not work. It does nothing. When pressing that key is feels okey,
not broken but nothing appears to any Window.

Compal HEL80 has touchpad and fingerprint reader.

I looked the keyboard driver that was installed into my Laptop
and it's was that ordinary Standard 101/102 key or Microsoft Natural PS/2
keyboard driver.

Can those touchpad and fingerprint reader mix keyboard so, that some keys
does not work?

I also found a link to Compal HEL80 Keyboard Change Utily using Google.
http://www.vbi.cz/download/shwfiles.asp?path=./COMPAL%20HEL80/Keyboard%20Change%20Utility/&chk1=0

But I dont have courage to touch that tool.

So, can anyone suggest what to do?
How could I verify if keyboard's key is really broken or installed driver is
wrong?

I would be very grateful for any answers.

Thanks!

Jenny

From: Jenny W on
Yes, new BIOS update solved the problem.

"Jenny W" <jw(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have Compal HEL80 Notebook running Windows XP Pro SP2.
> There is a peculiar problem with a keyboard. One key: * (Asterisk)
> does not work. It does nothing. When pressing that key is feels okey,
> not broken but nothing appears to any Window.
>
> Compal HEL80 has touchpad and fingerprint reader.
>
> I looked the keyboard driver that was installed into my Laptop
> and it's was that ordinary Standard 101/102 key or Microsoft Natural PS/2
> keyboard driver.
>
> Can those touchpad and fingerprint reader mix keyboard so, that some keys
> does not work?
>
> I also found a link to Compal HEL80 Keyboard Change Utily using Google.
> http://www.vbi.cz/download/shwfiles.asp?path=./COMPAL%20HEL80/Keyboard%20Change%20Utility/&chk1=0
>
> But I dont have courage to touch that tool.
>
> So, can anyone suggest what to do?
> How could I verify if keyboard's key is really broken or installed driver
> is wrong?
>
> I would be very grateful for any answers.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jenny

Pages: 1
Prev: HP Pavilion dv8000 Memory