From: "Murray R. Summers" on
I have two arrays, generated from even larger text source files (one is
~50K elements and the other is about 90K elements). I need to compare the
two, and produce a result array that contains only the elements of array 1
that are not also in array 2. It seems like array_diff() is exactly the
tool needed, but it times out. So my questions are -

1. Should I be getting a time out with this size job (I don't have a good
feel for this - although 5x10^9 comparisons certainly sounds like lots!)?
2. Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,

--

Murray
From: Pierre Joye on
hi,

You can disable the time limit, or use a database, which may be a much
better tool for that.

Cheers,

--
Pierre