From: Chris Reynolds on
I have a Windows XP laptop with Office 2003 installed. When you launch Excel
a Visual Basic error comes up and says "Compile error in hidden module:
AutoExecNew" Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? I looked at the
knowledgebase and it says it has to do with an Adobe update. I tried
updating Adobe, I tried uninstalling Adobe, I tried uninstalling and
reinstalling Office, and nothing gets rid of the error.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Chris
From: Dave Peterson on
Take a look here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307410
OFF: "Compile Error in Hidden Module" Error Message When You Start
Word or Excel

It points at PDFMaker.xla as being the culprit.

If you move/delete that addin, you should be ok.

--

Dave Peterson
From: Chris Reynolds on
I saw that article and there is no pdfmaker.xla on the system.

From: Dave Peterson on
Any chance that your search didn't find it?

close excel
shell to DOS
windows start button|Run
cmd (windows 2k/xp)
command (windows 98)

At the DOS prompt:
C: (to get to the C: drive)
cd\ (to get to the root directory)

dir pdf*.xla /s

the /s means to search through subdirectories.

--

Dave Peterson

Pages: 1
Prev: BIMDAS - Order of Calculation