From: Richard Quadling on
Hi.

Compiling using VC9 Express Edition.

I'm ending up with a php_sqlsrv.dll of 88KB

The VC9 x86 nts version supplied by MS (php_sqlsrv_53_nts_vc9.dll) is 227KB.

If it had been just a few bytes, then OK, but to be over 40% smaller
is a significant difference.

Any ideas?

As far as I can tell, it all works just fine too!

Richard.

--
-----
Richard Quadling
From: Richard Quadling on
On 29 April 2010 16:59, Venkat Raman Don <Don.Raman(a)microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My guess is that SQL team may be linking with VC9 required libraries statically and you are not. It works because you have VC9 runtime on your machine.
>
> Thanks,
> Don.

Aha! Yes. Confirmed this by using Dependency Checker. Mine is
requiring MCVCR90.DLL and MS's isn't.

So, the next question is, considering all I've done to my build is
added --enable-sqlsrv=shared (as per the README.TXT in the SVN
repository) to my configure command, what is the "right" output?

configure --disable-zts --enable-win32service=shared
--enable-debug-pack --enable-wincache=shared --without-mysql
--without-mysqli --enable-sqlsrv=shared

--
-----