From: "Mehamli, Tristan" on
Hi everyone. After successfully compiled wxWidgets 2.8.3 with VC++ 2008,
I tried to compile the sample "minimal".
Unfortunately an error occurs during the process :

1>wxmsw28d_core.lib(appcmn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol "protected: virtual class wxString __thiscall
wxAppTraitsBase::GetAssertStackTrace(void)"
(?GetAssertStackTrace(a)wxAppTraitsBase@@MAE?AVwxString@@XZ)

I don't know what's happening. Could someone help me please?

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org

From: Vadim Zeitlin on
On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 17:04:54 +0200 "Mehamli, Tristan" <tmehamli(a)mc.com> wrote:

MT> Hi everyone. After successfully compiled wxWidgets 2.8.3 with VC++ 2008,
MT> I tried to compile the sample "minimal".
MT> Unfortunately an error occurs during the process :
MT>
MT> 1>wxmsw28d_core.lib(appcmn.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
MT> symbol "protected: virtual class wxString __thiscall
MT> wxAppTraitsBase::GetAssertStackTrace(void)"
MT> (?GetAssertStackTrace(a)wxAppTraitsBase@@MAE?AVwxString@@XZ)
MT>
MT> I don't know what's happening. Could someone help me please?

It seems like you're trying to link the debug build of the application
with the release build of the library. If you're using the provided project
files this is really not supposed to happen. Please check that you use the
version of wxWidgets that you think you're using (if you have several of
them on your machine) and do a clean rebuild.

Regards,
VZ

http://www.tt-solutions.com/

For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help(a)lists.wxwidgets.org

From: Piotr Starczewski on
Try changing "Treat wchar_t as Built-in Type" to "No (/Zc:wchar_t-)"
(C/C++->Language in project settings). It helped in my case.

Regards,
Peter

From: Piotr Starczewski on
I know, but in my case that was the only solution I really don't know
why. Just pointing what has helped me.

Regards,
Peter

From: "Mehamli, Tristan" on
Thanks to both of you for these quick answers. So I didn't use your tip
Piotr because finally, it worked well after a complete rebuild of
wxWidgets libs.

Regards,
Tristan