From: Eduardo on
Norm Cook escribi�:
> If iClass = "ThunderTextBox" Then
>
> Shouldn't it be "ThunderRT6TextBox" ?

Yes, you are right.
From: Nobody on
"Norm Cook" <normcook(a)cableone.net> wrote in message
> If iClass = "ThunderTextBox" Then
>
> Shouldn't it be "ThunderRT6TextBox" ?

VB sometimes uses different class names when running in the IDE, or EXE.
Forms for instance have the following class names:

In IDE: ThunderFormDC
In EXE: ThunderRT6FormDC

From: Eduardo on
Nobody escribi�:
> "Norm Cook" <normcook(a)cableone.net> wrote in message
>> If iClass = "ThunderTextBox" Then
>>
>> Shouldn't it be "ThunderRT6TextBox" ?
>
> VB sometimes uses different class names when running in the IDE, or EXE.
> Forms for instance have the following class names:
>
> In IDE: ThunderFormDC
> In EXE: ThunderRT6FormDC

Yes, the same for TextBoxes.

I tested the program in the IDE and that's why I used that class name,
but I didn't realize that the OP will need to do it with the compiled
program. So Norm is right with the correction.
From: Karl E. Peterson on
Eduardo wrote:
> Nobody escribi�:
>> "Norm Cook" <normcook(a)cableone.net> wrote...
>>> If iClass = "ThunderTextBox" Then
>>>
>>> Shouldn't it be "ThunderRT6TextBox" ?
>>
>> VB sometimes uses different class names when running in the IDE, or EXE.
>> Forms for instance have the following class names:
>>
>> In IDE: ThunderFormDC
>> In EXE: ThunderRT6FormDC
>
> Yes, the same for TextBoxes.
>
> I tested the program in the IDE and that's why I used that class name,
> but I didn't realize that the OP will need to do it with the compiled
> program. So Norm is right with the correction.

I test for "begins with" and "ends with" which allows the same code to work in
either VB5 or VB6, compiled or not.
--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: mayayana on
I don't know whether this is anything to worry about,
but it says this under EnumChildWindows:

"This function is more reliable than calling the GetWindow function in a
loop. An application that calls GetWindow to perform this task risks being
caught in an infinite loop or referencing a handle to a window that has been
destroyed. "

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Prev: Centralised MsgBox