From: Phil Hobbs on
markp wrote:
> "Grant" <omg(a)grrr.id.au> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 17:45:50 -0400, Phil Hobbs
>> <pcdhSpamMeSenseless(a)electrooptical.net> wrote:

>>> That's my default method for finding datasheets, too. FindChips->Newark
>>> or Digikey->datasheet link. Much faster than navigating the mfg sites.
>> http://datasheetcatalog.com/ is good for finding datasheets, particularly
>> if the device is not in the usual supplier catalogs.
>>
>> Grant.
>
> Thanks, I often find searching in Google for a datasheet pops that one up.
> It's a bit incomplete though (e.g. ATtiny88-AU isn't there) but have found
> other things I couldn't find elsewhere.
>
> Mark.

Yup, that's good medicine too. OTOH for design purposes one wants the
distributor parts!

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal
From: George Herold on
On Jul 28, 5:45 pm, Phil Hobbs
<pcdhSpamMeSensel...(a)electrooptical.net> wrote:
> George Herold wrote:
> >>http://www.findchips.comandhttp://www.octopart.com
>
> > Those are the ones I use.  I sometimes find that the search engines
> > will find parts at either Newark or Mouser that I can't find with
> > their internal  search function.  (weird.)  Digikey has by far the
> > best parameter search.
>
> > George H.
>
> >> --
> >> Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
>
> That's my default method for finding datasheets, too.  FindChips->Newark
> or Digikey->datasheet link.  Much faster than navigating the mfg sites.
>
> Cheers
>
> Phil Hobbs
>
> --
> Dr Philip C D Hobbs
> Principal
> ElectroOptical Innovations
> 55 Orchard Rd
> Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
> 845-480-2058
> hobbs at electrooptical dot nethttp://electrooptical.net- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, digikey has become my default storage location for data sheets.
I keep sending them orders for the same reason I buy all my beer from
the ‘deli’ down the bottom of my hill. I like their service and I’d
hate for them to disappear.

George H.
From: Grant on
On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 21:26:54 -0400, Phil Hobbs <pcdhSpamMeSenseless(a)electrooptical.net> wrote:

>markp wrote:
>> "Grant" <omg(a)grrr.id.au> wrote in message

>>> http://datasheetcatalog.com/ is good for finding datasheets, particularly
>>> if the device is not in the usual supplier catalogs.
>>>
>>> Grant.
>>
>> Thanks, I often find searching in Google for a datasheet pops that one up.
>> It's a bit incomplete though (e.g. ATtiny88-AU isn't there) but have found
>> other things I couldn't find elsewhere.
>>
>> Mark.
>>

>Yup, that's good medicine too. OTOH for design purposes one wants the
>distributor parts!

Yup, depends if it's design or service work? I do the odd bit of
service work on industrial stuff.

Grant.