From: Laura Attwood on
Thanks guys, this is a reli intersting topic - complex numbers are fascintaing because you can not explain HOW they exist. But yet they are still a very important mathematic concept.
(I believe their purpose can not be replaced by dealing with vectors because they hold an entirely different concept to ordinary vectors)

Read this its kwl:
'THE IMPORTANCE OF THE UNBELIEVABLE'
http://www.marco-learningsystems.com/pages/sawyer/unbelieve.html
From: W. Dale Hall on
Laura Attwood wrote:
> Thanks guys, this is a reli intersting topic - complex numbers are
> fascintaing because you can not explain HOW they exist. But yet they
> are still a very important mathematic concept. (I believe their
> purpose can not be replaced by dealing with vectors because they hold
> an entirely different concept to ordinary vectors)
>
> Read this its kwl: 'THE IMPORTANCE OF THE UNBELIEVABLE'
> http://www.marco-learningsystems.com/pages/sawyer/unbelieve.html

You might benefit from an algebra class.

Dale