From: Bob Vance on
If tbAdditionCharge is Null and tbAdditionAmount is more than 1 condition
should be meet but it does not with this code???

IsNull([tbAdditionCharge]) And [tbAdditionChargeAmount]>0
--
Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob
MS Access 2007 accdb

From: Sylvain Lafontaine on
Try replacing the AND with an OR:

IsNull([tbAdditionCharge]) OR [tbAdditionChargeAmount] > 0

Also, sometimes, you must use the Is Null operator (with a blank space)
instead of the IsNull() function:

([tbAdditionCharge] Is Null) OR [tbAdditionChargeAmount] > 0

--
Sylvain Lafontaine, ing.
MVP - Windows Live Platform

From: Sylvain Lafontaine on
Sorry, I misread your post as I can see now that you are using two
differents fields: [bAdditionCharge]and [bAdditionChargeAmount] (to much
multi-tasking) so my suggestion about replacing the AND with an OR is not OK
but you can still take a look at replacing the IsNull() function with the Is
Null operator.

Also, you make a mention of [tbAdditionAmount] in your explanation but you
have wrote [tbAdditionChargeAmount] in your code snippet. Which one is
good?

From: Bob Vance on
Thanks Sylvain, but neither code worked of yours , I looked at my first post
and it is correctly worded, if tbAdditionCharge is null and
tbadditionChargeAmount is more than 0 condition to make background "Red" of
tbAdditionCharge
Thanks Bob

From: John Spencer on
Just want to confirm you used
Expression Is
and then entered
[tbAdditionCharge] Is Null And [tbAdditionChargeAmount],0 > 0
and both fields (not controls) are available in the record source of the form
or report.

What field type is tbAdditionCharge? If it is a text field it is possible
that it contains a zero-length string instead of null. You might try
([tbAdditionCharge] Is Null or [tbAdditionCharge] = "") And
[tbAdditionChargeAmount],0 > 0

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute