From: Missile on
After some help with Conditional Formatting.
As an example I have the following data in cells B1 & B2;
Cell B1 "Project 1 - Testing"
Cell B2 "Project 2 - Not Issued"
I want the cells containing the words "Not Issued" to be shaded (Green). In
this example that would be "B2".
Also I would like the same shading applied to cells A2, C2 to H2.

Thanks
From: FSt1 on
hi
while holding the Ctrl key down...with the mouse...select A2,C2 and H2.
on the menu bar>format>conditional format
Formula is.......=$B2="Not Issued"......pick your shade of green.
ok out.
the key is the dollar sign($). this points all selected cells in the row at
column B but not the row so that you can copy A2:H2 and copy down as far as
needed.

regards
FSt1

From: L. Howard Kittle on
Select the cells you want to check for Not Issued. Say B1:B5

In Format > Conditional formatting > Formula Is > =COUNTIF(B1,"*Not
Issued*")>0 > Format > Patterns > click on green > OK out.

So now if you select B5 and note the conditional formatting in it, you will
see the formula refers to B5 in that cell.

Is not case sentive.

Here is the formula again if perhaps the >'s got you confused in my
instructions.

=COUNTIF(B1,"*Not Issued*")>0

HTH
Regards,
Howard

From: L. Howard Kittle on
Hi FSt1,

Just to note, the OP says the cells will contain something like "Project 1 -
Not Issued". So =$B2="Not Issued" will not work if other characters are in
the cell.

=COUNTIF(B1,"*Not Issued*")>0 looks for the occurrence of Not Issued among
all the characters in the cell.

Regards,
Howard

From: Missile on
Excellent, thanks for that, modified it slightly and it works perfectly.
Added $ to the B1, eg. =COUNTIF($B1,"*Not Issued*")>0