From: BlueAngel on
I would like to apply conditional formatting for my spreadsheet with the
following:

Condition 1: If Column C Font is Bold then bold entire row and interior
shade entire row gray.

Condition 2: If Column B is Blank then shade entire row light yellow and
format entire row font italic.

Can't seem to figure out the formula for this. Any help is greatly
appreciated.

From: Jacob Skaria on
You havent mentioned the conditions for formatting these two columns..
--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

From: Jacob Skaria on
Oops..

--Conditional formatting could be done only based on cell values and not
based on cell formatting...

--To apply formatting to the entire row based on ColB blank values

1. Select the rows to be formatted. Please note that the row reference 1
mentioned in the formula is the active row in the selection. Active cell will
have a white background even after selection
2. From menu Format>Conditional Formatting>
3. For Condition1>Select 'Formula Is' and enter the below formula
=$B1=""

4. Click Format Button>Pattern and select your formatting
5. Hit OK

PS: If you are using XL2007 Goto Home tab>Styles>Conditional
Formatting>Manage rules>New rule>Use a formula to determine which cells to
format. Enter the formula in the box below.

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

From: BlueAngel on
Hello Jacob,
Thanks for your reply. I really do need both conditions for my report. If
conditional formatting won't work, is there an alternative?

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

> Oops..
>
> --Conditional formatting could be done only based on cell values and not
> based on cell formatting...
>

> --To apply formatting to the entire row based on ColB blank values
>
> 1. Select the rows to be formatted. Please note that the row reference 1
> mentioned in the formula is the active row in the selection. Active cell will
> have a white background even after selection
> 2. From menu Format>Conditional Formatting>
> 3. For Condition1>Select 'Formula Is' and enter the below formula
> =$B1=""
>
> 4. Click Format Button>Pattern and select your formatting
> 5. Hit OK
>
> PS: If you are using XL2007 Goto Home tab>Styles>Conditional
> Formatting>Manage rules>New rule>Use a formula to determine which cells to
> format. Enter the formula in the box below.
>

> --
> Jacob (MVP - Excel)
>

> "BlueAngel" wrote:
>
> > I would like to apply conditional formatting for my spreadsheet with the
> > following:
> >
> > Condition 1: If Column C Font is Bold then bold entire row and interior
> > shade entire row gray.
> >
> > Condition 2: If Column B is Blank then shade entire row light yellow and
> > format entire row font italic.
> >
> > Can't seem to figure out the formula for this. Any help is greatly
> > appreciated.

Pages: 1
Prev: Date format
Next: Sorting several columns