From: BoRed79 on
Hi.

I am using Excel 2003 to do some conditional formatting, but there are only
three conditions to manipulate and I need four.

I think though that I can comine two things together in a formula in one of
the conditions - so that it would do the same formatting if either of two
conditions were satisified - using the or condition. However, I am not sure
how the OR function works or whether you can get round the three conditions
issue in conditional formatting by doing this.

The two things that I want to combine in an or function are:

ERROR.TYPE(I30=7)
(I30="")

So basically if either the cell is blank or if it has an error value in it I
want to apply the same formatting.

Can anyone suggest how I might put these together, is it just as simple as:

=or((error.type(I30=7)),(I30=""))

Thanks for your anticipated help.

Liz.
From: Sheeloo on
Not sure about the condition you want to apply but in general you can use
something like
=OR(I7="",I7=10)
in conditional formatting to check for either a blank or value 10 in I7...