From: BoRed79 on
Hi.

I want to set up some conditional formatting (in Excel 2003).

I want to turn certain cells either red (if any text appears) or green (if
the cell appears blank).

However, the cells have formulas in them to display information if it is
available in other cells. I cannot, however, make the conditional formatting
work - as I cannot use functions such as is/is not blank - as the cells still
contain formulas - so whilst they are not displaying inforamtion there is
still information in the cells which the conditional formatting is picking up.

Does anyone know if there is a function that allows you to use conditional
formatting based on what is displayed in a cell, rather than it formula
contents - or is there another workaround??

Thanks.

Liz.
From: Bob Phillips on
Liz,