From: Sherm H. on
I have a spreadsheet with 12 rows (one for each month), and 3 columns:
Incidents Closed, Closed on Time, and Percentage Closed on Time. The data in
the % Closed on Time is formula (=IF(E15=0,"",E16/E15).

I'm trying to use Conditional Formatting Icon Sets, Traffic Signals as
follows: >90% = Green, 80-89% =Yellow, and Below 80% = Red. I can't get the
Icon Sets to work correctly, getting some percentages with the incorrect
color, as a new month'e data is acced to the sheet. I have the Rules set up
as indicated above, and using the percent Type in the Rules. If any of the
percentage values change, the colors then get all screwed up. What am I
doing wrong?
From: OssieMac on
Hi,

You can't use percentages as such in the formulas. You need to use the
decimal equivalent in the formulas. 90% = 0.9, 89% = 0.89, 80% = 0.8

Conditional format formulas. Use them in the order shown. Replace E16 with
the cell that you are testing for the value.
Hi,

You can't use percentages as such in the formulas. You need to use the
decimal equivalent in the formulas. 90% = 0.9, 89% = 0.89, 80% = 0.8

Conditional format formulas. Use them in the order shown. Replace E16 with
the cell that you are testing for the value.

Green. (I have assumed you mean >= 90%; not just > 90%)
=E16>=0.9

for Orange (I have assumed you mean >= 80%; not just > 80%)
=E16>=0.8

For Red
=E16<0.8

--