From: randlesc on
I have a spreadsheet that shows due dates. I have formatted it so that those
who are more than a month overdue the date is in red, those who are overdue
by less than a month or will be overdue in a month are in yellow. The
remaining are in the clear have no color associated with them.

My boss would like the whole row colored, not just the cell with the due
date. How can I do this?
From: Tom Hutchins on
Select all cells and apply the same conditional formatting conditions you
have now. Make sure the cells with the due dates you are testing have an
absolute column reference (a $ in front of the column letter).

For a simple example, I select all cells and add a conditional formatting
formula:
=LEN($A1)>0
I choose a yellow fill for my conditional formatting. When any cell in
column A is not empty, that entire row will be colored yellow.

Hope this helps,

Hutch

From: randlesc on
Thank you, both of you. Now, I'm going to feel really slow here, but how do
I do this? I normally use the CF functions on the ribbon.

I tried "New forumula" and wrote in a formula, similar to the one Tom
suggested, but it only highlighted the cells and not the whole row.

You may have to talk me through this like an absolute beginner--and in this
respect, I guess, I am.

Thanks.