From: andreashermle on
Dear Experts:

I got a nested 'IF'-Formula in an excel cell that returns nothing if
the condition is false.

I would like to conditionally format this cell with grey shading if
the condition is true and a string value is displayed.

How can this be achieved using excel conditional formating
functionality ?

Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Regards, Andreas
From: Per Jessen on
Hi

Select the cell, in my example I will use A1, goto conditional
formatting > Condition1: Formula is > enter this formula:

=A1<>""

Select the desired formatting.

Hopes this helps.
Per