From: Albannach on
I am trying to do conditional formatting on cells in Excel 2007 such that if
they contain numeric data, they will be formatted in one font, style, and
size, and if they contain text (e.g. "Out of range"), another combination.
The nearest I can find is to format specific text, but even when I enter the
possible text entries, the system will allow me to change only style,
underline, color, and strikethrough, but not font or size. And even then, I
can see no way to format numeric data and text differently, or to do so
without specifying the text itself.
From: Dave Peterson on
If A1 is the activecell, you can use a formula like:
=isnumber(a1)
to determine if the value in A1 is a number.

You can use
=istext(a1)
to determine if the value in A1 is text.

--

Dave Peterson