From: Aaron Roberts on
Hi all,
Can anyone suggest a way to force all NDRs generated by the bounce daemon to be delivered by a particular transport?

Thanks in advance,
Aaron

From: Wietse Venema on
Aaron Roberts:
> Hi all,
> Can anyone suggest a way to force all NDRs generated by
> the bounce daemon to be delivered by a particular transport?

You need to solve the right problem. Eliminate the reason why those
bounce messages are sent.

Wietse

From: Aaron Roberts on
>Aaron Roberts:
>> Hi all,
>> Can anyone suggest a way to force all NDRs generated by
>> the bounce daemon to be delivered by a particular transport?
>

> Wietse Venema:
>You need to solve the right problem. Eliminate the reason why those
>bounce messages are sent.

Yes. Unfortunately, there are a lot of domains for which this postfix host is a backup MX. I have up to date recipient tables for the vast majority of these domains but, it is not possible for some of them (for all kinds of reasons). We do RBL checks and reverse DNS checks on client IPs but, we cannot really content filter too much, since the final destination mail servers have their own UCE policies.

FYI: This is a single instance of postfix version 2.6.5

Thanks,
Aaron

From: Michael Orlitzky on
On 03/16/2010 08:13 AM, Aaron Roberts wrote:
>> Aaron Roberts:
>>> Hi all,
>>> Can anyone suggest a way to force all NDRs generated by
>>> the bounce daemon to be delivered by a particular transport?
>>

>> Wietse Venema:
>> You need to solve the right problem. Eliminate the reason why those
>> bounce messages are sent.
>>
> Yes. Unfortunately, there are a lot of domains for which this postfix host is a backup MX. I have up to date recipient tables for the vast majority of these domains but, it is not possible for some of them (for all kinds of reasons). We do RBL checks and reverse DNS checks on client IPs but, we cannot really content filter too much, since the final destination mail servers have their own UCE policies.
>
> FYI: This is a single instance of postfix version 2.6.5
>
> Thanks,
> Aaron

If they won't give you a recipient list the easy way, get one the hard way.

From http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_VERIFICATION_README.html,

The technique is also useful to block mail for undeliverable
recipients, for example on a mail relay host that does not have a
list of all the valid recipient addresses. This prevents
undeliverable junk mail from entering the queue, so that Postfix
doesn't have to waste resources trying to send MAILER-DAEMON messages
back.

From: Aaron Roberts on

>If they won't give you a recipient list the easy way, get one the hard way..
> From http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_VERIFICATION_README.html,

Thanks, I actually enabled recipient address verification, using temporary reject codes.

Aaron

Pages: 1
Prev: Two virtual domains
Next: qmgr watchdog timeout