From: D Johnson on
I'm just starting out using BIDS and creating reports in general. I've been
using Report Builder and have no trouble accessing a shared SSRS data source
by specifying the Report Server (http://<Server>/ReportServer) in the
Options...Settings, from there I can view and use any predefined data source
in a report. How do I specify in BIDS that I wish to use a preconfigured
shared data source from SSRS, I can't see any obvious option.

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks
David
From: KarthikShanth on
David,
Hopefully when you connect your report to a shared datasource in design time
and deploying the report in reportserver, will definitely work.
Meanwhile, i would suggest you to check whether your shared datasource was
already deployed/present in the report server.
Check this and let us know.
--
Regards,
KarthikShanth.