From: markryde on
Hello,
I have a machine B with two nics; and machines A and C with one nic
each.
I can ssh to machine C only from machine B (they are connected
directly by a cable). C is 10.0.0.30 and B is 10.0.0.20.
I can ssh to machine B from A (A and B are connected also directly,
but
on the second nic of machine B; for this connection, A is
192.168.0.10
and B is 192.168.0.20). The subnet of the connetion for
A->B is different than the subnet of the connetion for B->C.

I want to be able to SSH from machine A directly to C by issuing one
command/running on script. I want to achieve it without changing the
fact that A->B is on a different subnet then B->C. Is it possible ?

rgs,
Mark
From: Tauno Voipio on
On 25.6.10 11:36 , markryde(a)gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a machine B with two nics; and machines A and C with one nic
> each.
> I can ssh to machine C only from machine B (they are connected
> directly by a cable). C is 10.0.0.30 and B is 10.0.0.20.
> I can ssh to machine B from A (A and B are connected also directly,
> but
> on the second nic of machine B; for this connection, A is
> 192.168.0.10
> and B is 192.168.0.20). The subnet of the connetion for
> A->B is different than the subnet of the connetion for B->C.
>
> I want to be able to SSH from machine A directly to C by issuing one
> command/running on script. I want to achieve it without changing the
> fact that A->B is on a different subnet then B->C. Is it possible ?

Switch IP forwarding on in machine B.
In machine A, set machine B as gateway for machine C network.
In machine C, set machine B as gateway for machine A network.
Check that machine B does not prevent traffic with firewall.

If everything went well, you'll be able to access machine C
from machine A and machine A from machine C.

--

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi

Pages: 1