From: coder316 on
Hello,
I get this message when trying to connect on a local machine.
A network-related or instance-specific error occurred .....
SQLExpress database file auto-creation error....

I'm not using express though.
Thanks
Mike
From: Mr. Arnold on
coder316 wrote:
> Hello,
> I get this message when trying to connect on a local machine.
> A network-related or instance-specific error occurred .....
> SQLExpress database file auto-creation error....
>
> I'm not using express though.
> Thanks
> Mike

Well what are you using? And was SQL Express on the machine before?
From: coder316 on
On Apr 11, 1:32 pm, "Mr. Arnold" <Arn...(a)Arnold.com> wrote:
> coder316 wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I get this message when trying to connect on a local machine.
> > A network-related or instance-specific error occurred .....
> > SQLExpress database file auto-creation error....
>
> > I'm not using express though.
> > Thanks
> > Mike
>
> Well what are you using? And was SQL Express on the machine before?

Yes it was,
Removed it and are supposded to be using sql 2008 dev edition.
Connection string looks right.
From: Mr. Arnold on
coder316 wrote:
> On Apr 11, 1:32 pm, "Mr. Arnold" <Arn...(a)Arnold.com> wrote:
>> coder316 wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> I get this message when trying to connect on a local machine.
>>> A network-related or instance-specific error occurred .....
>>> SQLExpress database file auto-creation error....
>>> I'm not using express though.
>>> Thanks
>>> Mike
>> Well what are you using? And was SQL Express on the machine before?
>
> Yes it was,
> Removed it and are supposded to be using sql 2008 dev edition.
> Connection string looks right.

Research it

<http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=%3E+SQLExpress+database+file+auto-creation+error....&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=467c3568f2eec009>
From: Andy O'Neill on

"coder316" <coder316(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

>Connection string looks right.

Show us the string.
Just don't forget to change any password and user name.
I would guess you're using the wrong named instance or something which is
sql express specific.