From: Rose Tamang 2001 on
Hi, Geeks!!

1. Can any one tell me if it is possible to activate the controls in the
proctected sheet? One of the control has to delete the rows. I can't!!
2. Any idea to reduce the security level to low through VBA in Excel 2003!!
3. How to protect the sheet from being deleted? I need a VBA code to do this.

Please help!!

From: Per Jessen on
Hi

You can not delete rows etc. in a protected sheet. A solution could be to
wrote a macro which unprotect the sheet, delete the selected row(s), and
protect the sheet again. The macro can be called from a button on the sheet.

To prevent sheet(s) from beeing deleted, you have to protect the workbook
for structure.

Hopes this helps.
Per

"Rose Tamang 2001" <RoseTamang2001(a)discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i
meddelelsen news:D222D087-2709-4572-8AE2-945C3A335D87(a)microsoft.com...

From: Dave Peterson on
#1. Which control do you mean? Is it from the Forms toolbar or from the
Control toolbox toolbar or from somewhere else?

#2. It's a user choice about security. If your code could change that setting,
then any code could change that setting -- even malicious code.

So it wouldn't be much of a security measure for the user.

#3. You could protect the workbook's structure -- no code required.
Tools|Protection|Protect workbook|check Structure

Be aware that this will stop renaming, deleting, inserting, moving of any sheet.

From: Dave Peterson on
Check your other post.