From: shvogue3 on
Help! I need a means of converting a large number of small spreadsheets to
Excel. The spreadsheets were created in SPI Open Access Spreadsheet module,
and saved in the CMP compressed spreadsheet file format. Can anyone advise ?

From: joel on

Do you still have the database program working? If so I would look at
the different format for saving/exporting the files.

Excel won't be able to read these files dirrectly. I would check if
any of the saviung/export option match any of the formats you can read
in excel (see excel menu File - Open and then look uder extension
types).

You may be able to save the file as a text file and then read the text
file into excel. I never worked with Open Access but have done lots of
importing of text data into excel. If I saw a sample of the text data I
could write a macro that will import the data. I could also automate
import any format the excel recognizes using a macro.

You also may be able to write a DOS script that will convert the Open
Access Data to another format. You would have to investigate if the
Open Access accepted a command line instructions

--
joel
joel's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=229