From: Patrick Ben Koetter on
* Jorge Armando Medina <jmedina(a)e-compugraf.com>:
> On 07/07/2010 01:16 PM, Asif Iqbal wrote:
> > Where do I look in postfix to introduce the following behavior.
> >
> > When mail arrives to the mail server,
> > I like to convert any attachment to link if it is bigger than say 1M and add
> > a footer in the body like below, before dropping/relaying it to the
> > mailbox local or remote.
> >
> > all attachments >1M are converted to link(s) below.
> > https://link.example.com/file1
> > https://link.example.com/file2
> >
> > here file1/file2 would be exact name of the file like mydoc.doc
> > any doc with spaces should be converted to `_'
> >
> > I like to detach the big attachments and save them to a dir. My users
> > have web access to that dir.

altermime can do that and MIMEDefang can do it too. In both cases you will
need some Perl knowledge. Either integrate altermime in amavisd using
amavis::Custom in conjunction with before_send() or write your own in
MIMEDefang. It might be able to do that on it's own. I don't know MIMEDefang
well enough.

p(a)rick

justified.

saslfinger (debugging SMTP AUTH):