From: Kennedy on
Is there a way to convert a numeric date 03/01/2010 into a single month
function? I have a worksheet that pulls in data from another worksheet, and
column A has a numeric date of 03/01/2010. Want to put a statement in column
B or where that only shows the month instead of the whole date field.
From: T. Valko on
One way...

A1 = a date like 03/01/2010

B1 formula:

For the short month name like Mar

=TEXT(A1,"mmm")

For the long month name like March

=TEXT(A1,"mmmm")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

From: trip_to_tokyo on
=MONTH(A1)

Will give you the month (in the form of a number).

A1 is the cell where you have the date.

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks.

From: FSt1 on
hi
=month(a2)

will return 3 (third month)

Regards
FSt1

From: Paul C on
If you don't want a numeric display use a custom number format mmm.

This will return display as Mar for 3/1/2010
--
If this helps, please remember to click yes.