From: Oltmans on
Hi Python superstars,

Guys, any ideas on how to convert HTML files to PDF files? Or as an
alternative, how to convert HTML files to an image file(jpeg/png/etc)?
Ideally, the converted PDF/Image file should like exactly like the way
HTML file looks in the browser.

I really have no idea about this so I will really appreciate all the
help. Thanks in advance and kindly pardon my ignorance.

Thanks,
Oltmans
From: CM on

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=python+html+to+pdf
From: Terry Reedy on
On 3/8/2010 12:51 PM, CM wrote:
> On Mar 8, 10:36 am, Oltmans<rolf.oltm...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Python superstars,
>>
>> Guys, any ideas on how to convert HTML files to PDF files? Or as an
>> alternative, how to convert HTML files to an image file(jpeg/png/etc)?
>> Ideally, the converted PDF/Image file should like exactly like the way
>> HTML file looks in the browser.

How an HTML file looks in *a* (not *the*) browser depends on the
browser, its settings, and window size. That is both a virtue and a
reason for the invention of pdf format.

From: Grant Edwards on
On 2010-03-08, Oltmans <rolf.oltmans(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Guys, any ideas on how to convert HTML files to PDF files?

os.system("w3m -dump %s | a2ps -B --borders=no -o - | ps2pdf - %s" % (infile,outfile))

--
Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Am I accompanied by a
at PARENT or GUARDIAN?