From: ton on
Hi,

in VS2008 a new project type is born called ASP.NET Web application. From my
VS2005 development I had a website type project. This is still supported in
vs2008, but I would like to convert it to the new type.

Is that possible. How?

thanx

ton

From: Alexey Smirnov on
On Feb 3, 10:27 pm, "ton" <t...(a)nospam.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in VS2008 a new project type is born called ASP.NET Web application. From my
> VS2005 development I had a website type project. This is still supported in
> vs2008, but I would like to convert it to the new type.
>
> Is that possible. How?
>
> thanx
>
> ton

Open it in VS.NET 2008, right click on Solution Explorer and Convert
to Web Application
From: Alexey Smirnov on
On Feb 3, 11:20 pm, Alexey Smirnov <alexey.smir...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 3, 10:27 pm, "ton" <t...(a)nospam.nl> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > in VS2008 a new project type is born called ASP.NET Web application. From my
> > VS2005 development I had a website type project. This is still supported in
> > vs2008, but I would like to convert it to the new type.
>
> > Is that possible. How?
>
> > thanx
>
> > ton
>
> Open it in VS.NET 2008, right click on Solution Explorer and Convert
> to Web Application

Apparently, it existed in VS2005 too
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa730880(VS.80).aspx

Here's more information on how to convert in VS2008
http://weblogs.asp.net/meligy/archive/2008/08/03/converting-vs-2008-website-to-web-application.aspx

Hope this helps
From: Mr. Arnold on
ton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in VS2008 a new project type is born called ASP.NET Web application.
> From my VS2005 development I had a website type project. This is still
> supported in vs2008, but I would like to convert it to the new type.
>
> Is that possible. How?
>
> thanx
>
> ton

If it were a Web file system project, you could easily convert it over
to Web application project. VS would do it for you.

Website project to ASP.NET Web application project? You might have to
get out the copy/paste.