From: Caz H on
Hi
I have two cells, one containing first and middle name and another one with
surname. I want to combine the first name and surname into a separate cell,
can you advise how I can just copy the first name and miss out the middle
name please??

Thanks

Caz

From: Eduardo on
Hi,
I assume that the midle name is separated by a space from the first name and
is in column A and the last name in column B

=TRIM(LEFT(A2,FIND(" ",a2)-1))&" "&B2

From: stumac on
Hi Caz, I assume not everyone will have a middle name, try something like:

=IF(ISERROR(FIND(" ",A1)),A1,LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1))&" "&B1

Where the forename is in cell A1 and the surname is in cell A2.

Hth

Stu

From: stumac on
...........That should read - the surname is in cell B1!